BOO! I'm home sick from my day job today! That's the bad news. The good news is that means I have dedicated time to write my very first Friday List post for today! I'm pretty stoked that I have been able to keep with it so far, and I've written 3 posts (including this one) this week!
Whether you have a cell phone photographer or a seasoned professional on your list, there is always an awesome gift for all of them. You just have to know where to look, eh?
So here are my personal favorites all over the skill and price spectrum!
1. Every photographer needs this mug for their late night editing sessions! I've been gifted 3 of them. ;-)
2. This map seems off topic, but your favorite photographer could keep track of taking a photo in every state with this scratch off map!
.3. If you've got that cell phone photographer on your list and don't have any idea what to get for them in terms of gear, look no further than a fisheye lens for their cellphone!
4. I like to support local business as much as a can and when I can't, I at least try handmade/small business. Etsy is a great resource! I found this adorable lens necklace on etsy.
5. Another etsy find, a personalized camera strap is always a cute idea!
6. If you've got a hand-me-down gear photographer ready for their own gear, the holidays always bring out the good deals on introduction bundles. Here's one from Canon.
7. As if a photographer needs anything to identify themselves other than their cameras, these nifty lens bracelets would certainly do the trick!
8. An external (or several) hard drive is a must-have for photographers and there are lots of options out there. The price for a really big drive has gone down significantly. I have this one and this one.
9. As mentioned in my first Throwback Thursday post, I have started using my Wacom Bamboo tablet for editing. I have to admit, the first day was a struggle, but it's coming along nicely and I can really see how it is going to help with the editing process. If you have a semi to professional photographer or other graphic creative in your life and on your list, check out the Wacom tablets!
10. I really want this diffuser for myself, actually! I have a pretty big 5-in-1 reflector, but I can't hold it one handed by myself while I'm shooting, so I can only use it as a 1-stop over head diffuser when I have an assistant to hold it between the sun and the subject. With the rigid handle feature of this diffuser, I could hold it one handed and still hold my camera!
11. I have to admit, I was going to stop at a round "10" for my list, and then I saw THIS! I oddly already own a backdrop stand (which is ALSO a great gift for your photographer), but I have no backdrops! Sure, I could go practical and timeless with a bone or grey Savage paper backdrop (which I TOTALLY do want!), but when I saw this sequinned beauty, I couldn't resist putting it on the list. Fortunately, or unfortunately, it is sold out even at $375!